Woof! Woof! Are you getting ready for Santa Paws? It is this time of the year for not only Santa Paws, it also is the time of the year when our coat and paws can dry out; our skin can get all itchy; and, our coat may feel like straw. What is a dog to do? After all, we need to keep our sexy on, our coat silky and soft; never know when our parents want to run their fingers through our coat. Could you imagine if our coat was like straw? Oh how pawbarassing!
No worries furiends, I am here to bark to you about something that is pawsome for us. Ready for this? Coconut oil! No, I haven’t gone nuts, well not yet; coconut oil is healthy for us, keeps us stylin’ and in case you may want to play paws, our paws will be soft. Stay with me, I am about to dig up pawprising facts about coconut oil that will have you doing a yappy dance. Did I ever share that our Mom dances as if no one is watching? Umm, Mom, we are watching and you look kindof silly moving your hands in the air, like you don’t care. BOL
Sorry about going off the path, back to coconut oil. Did you know that coconut oil will help keep the bad dudes away? It helps fight off bacteria and fungus, that yucky stuff. Not sure about you, I do not like anything that is called fungus, sounds yucky and I bet it is one nasty dude. Besides fighting off bad dudes, also helps keep us our rockin’ bodies in check; yep, will help keep that waist nice and tight. Whew! At this time of the year with all the treats around, I need a double shot of coconut oil. BOL It will also help balance our thyroid, and those that do not feel like movin’ will help you get back to groovin’. Mom gives Carla coconut oil to help her with her thyroid and bring that lively step back in her strut, geez, all she wants to do is sleep. Hey Carla! Time to move it, move it and shake that tail to the beat of the music.
Let’s not furget, as a bonus, coconut oil improves our skin and coat, improves digestion, and reduces allergic reactions. I do not like to be itchy and when Mom gives this to me, awww, I feel so much better. Woofee, that was a lot to share. Let me make it easy for you to review:
- Clears up skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis,and itchy skin
- Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
- Makes coats become sleek and glossy, and deodorizes doggy odor
- Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections, including candida
- Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing
- Applied topically, promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
- Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
- Aids healing of digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis
- Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs
- Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing
Immune System, Metabolic function, Bone Health
- Contains powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents that prevent infection and disease
- Regulates and balance insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
- Helps prevent or control diabetes
- Helps reduce weight, increases energy
- Aids in arthritis or ligament problems
Grr8 stuff, right? Tell your parents to give you 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of body weight twice daily, this will be the pawfect amount to feel coconut oil work. So, are you going to ask your parents to give this to you? Or, do you already take coconut oil? How has it helped you?
Oh I hear Mom coming, tell for my paw massage..awwwww… a little to the right…awwww; I do not want to miss this, bark at ya later.