“Woof!” Have you all heard about the terrible, terrible weather our country has been having? Well, I certainly have. And let me tell ya, folks it is really, really bad out there. Extreme heat, rain, floods, hurricanes and earthquakes. Woof, gets my fur a shakin’ just thinking about it. And if that wasn’t bad enough, mom’s been telling me about the poor doggies that have been left behind during these horrible events. Grrr! Stupid clowns leaving their pets behind. Don’t they know that without us, they’re nothing? Huh? Who’s gonna wake them up in the morning? Alert them to the mailman or sit by the door until they arrive home? Us dogs, that’s who!
Once the hackles on my back started to lie down, I went to my trusty laptop and began researching how I can help you, help your dog in a natural disaster. Once again, it’s Super Magoo to the rescue! Here are five tips that I came up with that I want to share with you. Because that’s what I do.
- The first thing you should do make sure you have a plan of action.
- Make sure you have all you need before disaster strikes. Like have your mom buy waterproof containers to keep your records, contact info and photos of you in. Also, make sure you pack any medications your pooch may need. In this house, that’s a whole pharmacy!
- Be sure you have lots of food and water on hand, plus a first aid kit and extra supplies such as leashes, collars, and food bowls etc.
- Have our veterinarian update us on all of our shots. As well as have your contact information in place. This includes our tags and microchip information.
- And of course, the most important one of all. Make sure you take us with you when you evacuate. This is a great big DUH! I hope.
Do you have a natural disaster plan in place?